Monday, October 6, 2008

I love the Batter Blaster

http://www.batterblaster.com/

now, in the history of bad ideas, i'd say whipped cream cans shooting out pancake batter is pretty high on the list. Maybe not bad ideas, but certainly grouped in with plastic orange squeezers and battery powered grill cleaners as things that are far more thoretically convenient than actually so.

To clarify, plastic orange squeezers and battery powered grill cleaners will break on you, probably within the first five minutes of use. I speak from experience.

Anyway, seriously, canned batter?

With propellant?

Well, I was wrong. The Batter Blaster makes a fine waffle. It doesn't taste like whatever Eggos are supposed to be. It bakes up into a damn good waffle and I'm worried now, because the result is so good and tasty it has me feeling like I don't need to work on my own waffle recipe anymore cos I can just buy endless cans of Batter Blaster.

Hopefully I'll have the discipline to strike the balance. This is the first time I feel like the food future promised in the 60s and on the Jetsons is real.

No comments: